Pointing the way

Bent trees guided Cherokee over ancient trails

by

by

Comments (7)

Comment Feed

I have seen multiple small stone carvings, stump carvings, bent bushes, deer horned markers on trees with carved stone at the base of them, one big Boulder that's in the middle of it n has carvings of what appears to be of multitude animals including dinosaurs. It over the spread of the property but very very close together I have found need to speak with someone who can contact me bout Indian markers n carvings asap!

If the person in charge of this could please get in touch with me about this ASAP as some of it has been destroyed n I have multiple things in big numbers I can send pics of. Email is ridingp27@gmail.com

Lisa Pickett 87 days ago

trail trees

I live in oklahoma,informed several what these are,my geneology leads me back to georgia,carolinas,i have found several of these trees in oklahoma make it a point, one on top of turner falls,i take pictures informed them to preserve it,didnt take note,but its there...Going to myrtle beach in first part may, for first time, i will be looking.... mckay-mclains

Tammy Shawn 326 days ago

bent trail tree with lashing marks

I know of at least 3-5 large old bent trees on my land. One even has strap marks still visible in the bark

Randy more than 1 year ago

Bent Trees

One thing that may give this a little more provenance is the fact that we see these bent formations in very large Birch Trees very close to other Birch Trees that still have ancient carving in them. (Not Sally loves Rob), but very old Sunshine and other figurative carvings in the tree trunks in NW Ga.

Gordon more than 1 year ago

I have/had (lost one due to tornado) 2 trees that appear to have bent branches. They are red oaks so they fit the profile. Any suggestions?

I have/had a couple trees with bent branches. (Lost one due to tornado) they are red oaks which fit the profile and I'm guessing they are close to 100+ years old. Any suggestions?

Shaun Hampton more than 1 year ago

Cherokee trees

I have a tree that points dead north. Is this common?

Chris Alvey more than 2 years ago

Indian marker trees

I have 2 of those Indian marker trees behind my house.

jeanine satel more than 2 years ago