Legend of Harm Teaster shrouded in mystery

by

by

Comments (15)

Comment Feed

He was my papaws great granpa

I remember my papaw telling the story about Harmon Teaster and Harmons den. Loved all the mountain story's he told about his childhood.

Tracy Huskey 146 days ago

Step Dads Great Grandfather

I've heard my Step Dad talk ab his Great Grandpa a lot over the years and we have all watched the movie as well! It's an amazing story, with a lot more details that weren't mentioned here in this article, but none the less its def a shroud of light to the truth! Harmons Den is indeed about Harmon Teaster and not ab the other family with the Harmon Surname! I def give the movie a two thumbs up when it comes to a documentary of life and times of Harmon Teaster!

Kristy 179 days ago

Family history?

My 3rd great aunt was susie hicks..daughter of rebecca and samuel

Shania 261 days ago

Great great Granddaddy died here

My great great grandfather supposedly worked here and died here at Cold Springs in Dec 1920 when he jumped from a railcar that had got away from him. He was a timberman from North Carolina, who rode the rails all the way into Cocke Co, TN from Haywood, NC.

Terri more than 1 year ago

Living great Grandson

My father Love Moore was raised by Hattie Teaster (Harmon's daughter) and her husband Doc Moore. My father is 87 years old. I have heard the story of Harmon and Susie Teaster all my life and have visited their grave sights many times. My father has taken has taken us to all the stomping grounds Hattie took him as a young boy. My father now lives in Marion, North Carolina. He is truly one of the last.

Debbie Moore Mace more than 3 years ago

Famous Tale

Wow! that is actually an exciting little story. I love how the people of the appalachia lived in general. I hope you provide excellent family documentation other than what the books or movies say, so that there is a very accurate account of what truly took place.

sheryl more than 3 years ago

Harmon's Den

I read that Harmon worked at a mill on Dry Fork road in Del Rio, my great grandmother Jessie Mae Teague Barrett lived on that road before moving up on Round Mountain road, interesting he is buried at Big Hill Cemetery, that is where several of my family are buried at..
Would lime to talk to you my email is
donnabuckner423@gmail.com

Donna Buckner more than 3 years ago

Harmons my ggggreat grandad

Hello my great great great great grandpa is Harmon Teaster

James S Janeway 251 days ago

Doc Moore

Doc Moore is my Father in law grandpa and his dad was Lloyd Moore who was Love's uncle

Catherine Moore more than 1 year ago

Dock Moore

Dock Moore and Hattie Teaster were my great grandparents. My papaw was Robert Moore. Lloyd was his brother. Im very excited to learn about my family past.

Renee Moore more than 1 year ago

Great granddaughter

Lloyd Moore is my great grandpa. His first daughter Margaret is my grandma.

Faith Morgan 96 days ago

Teasters

Apparently, Harmon Teaster is my great, great, great uncle. Harmon was my grandfather, Hubert Teaster's uncle.

Rob Teaster 343 days ago

Harmon is my ggggreat grandpa

Hello, harm is my great great great great grandpa I guess we are related?!?

James S Janeway 251 days ago

Harmon Teaster

My name is Helen Kirkpatrick Godsey Garrett. I have been told I was named after my great grandmother Hattie Helen. Doc Moore and Hattie was my grandmother father and mother. I would love to do learn more about the family tree. My father was Joe Kirkpatrick (JE) all from Marion nc.

Helen Kirkpatrick Godsey Garrett 186 days ago

Great great granddaughter

I am 4 generations later of Harmon. & it is amazing to look back on this history. I wish I could have got to known my great great great grandparents. Lloyd Moore is my great grandpa.

Faith morgan 96 days ago